If you have been following my blogs you know I love using yacon syrup instead of sugar in my recipes, in my warm beverages, in oatmeal etc. I love the taste of yacon & think it pairs really well with pumpkin & also with einkorn flour. So today I am reviewing Living Natural Yacon Syrup & sharing with you one of my favorite recipes. But if you should win, get creative & try it in your favorite recipes, use it in Bulletproof coffee, or just take a spoon full.
Apple, Pumpkin Einkorn Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups einkorn flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1& 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup solid coconut oil (or slightly softened butter)
- 1/2 cup yacon syrup
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup mashed cooked pumpkin (or canned)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup diced apples
- Preheat oven to 350f grease 12 muffin tines or use liners
- In a small mixing bowl mix together dry ingredients together the flour, salt, baking soda & cinnamon
- In a larger mixing bowl mix the the wet ingredients coconut oil, yacon, applesauce, pumpkin, egg, vanilla extract using a hand or stand mixer, mix 3 to 4 minutes
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet 1/2 cup at a time, mixing gently so at to not over mix.
- Next gently fold in nuts & & apples (do not over mix)
- Divide in muffin cups, bake at 350f for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick or knife inserted in muffin comes out clean. Enjoy!
Review of Living Natural Yacon Syrup: Many like yacon syrup for the boost it gives the metabolism & for weight loss, it is also great for those with diabetes & even low sugar to stabilize sugar glucose levels. Yacon is also a prebiotic & probiotic making it good for digestion as well as immune support as well as being a great source of FOS.. I like the taste, it kinda reminds me of sweet potatoes molasses type taste & a molasses consistency. It does not upset my stomach, as a matter of fact it eases stomach issues & gets rid of heart burn for me.
Try Amazon Mom for Free if you have Amazon Prime.
Reviews: My product reviews the company provided me with a reduced price or free item(s) or sample(s) of the product(s) mentioned above in my review, I was under no obligation to review it, nor was I under any obligation to only write a positive review. My reviews are my honest opinion after personally trying the product & feeling confident in it. When it comes to products I do not like, that cause issues or if it was a negative experience I will not review them & contact the company telling them why. So If the review has made it to my blog it is because I love it & recommend it to everyone & I am happy to have used the product.
All information contained in the pages of Natural & Frugal: Raising 6 kids blog – NFR6K Blog, blog posts, site, Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest or elsewhere are for information & research only.
I do accept products to review on my blog: Contact me to review your product go here.
More products I love by Tropical Traditions: Gold Label Virgin Coconut oil – Green label Virgin coconut oil – Palm Oil – Palm shortening – Extra Virgin Olive oil – Black Cumin Seed oil – Organic Sesame oil – Coconut water Vinegar – Organic Apple cider vinegar – Balsamic vinegar – Pink Himalayan salt – Organic spices – Organic Whole Unbleached Sugar – Grass-Fed butter & more.
“If you order by clicking on any of my links & order from Tropical Traditions & have never ordered from them in the past, you might receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, & I will receive a discount coupon for referring you”